Friday, 18 November 2016

Another Friday Night - The Minimalist Game Continues

So it is yet another Friday night and once again I've not had time to think up a post. Not only that, but my son refuses to settle down to sleep so I cannot even concentrate for the constant whining and talking in the background. Seems like I'm going to have to settle for a short update to the Minimalist Game instead. If you haven't yet read last week's post about it, here it is: http://vintagehew.blogspot.com.mt/2016/11/lets-play-month-long-game.html

Today is the 18th of the month so as you can guess, I should have posted a pic of 18 items to give/throw away/sell in the private group on Facebook where I am playing the game. However since the number has started growing, so has my struggle with finding enough items to shoo out of the house. I have managed to keep it up till now, only once resorting to listing the items I gave away before the 1st of the month. It could be that I don't have that many extra or useless things in my life, which is very true if I compare myself to most people living in the First World and who are not living below the poverty line. Then again, I am sure that there are many things that I could easily give away and never miss but which I struggle with for one reason or another. I noticed that at times the reason is that I'd love to keep them for my 'ideal' self, the one I dream about, who does things I think would be interesting or fun or relaxing, but which truly will probably never really happen. It seems to me like that is my major issue with stuff. I don't mind giving things away that cost me money to start with if I know that they're obsolete in my life anyway. I also rarely have qualms about removing sentimental items from my life. But when it comes to the items belonging to my wanna-be self, boy do I struggle! So maybe I should remind myself more often to embrace the Me that I am, rather than the fantasy one that is not really Me at all at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment