Wednesday, 30 September 2015

I was about to get organised...

Written on Tuesday 29th: I was about to get organised... then life happened! As followers of this blog know, I've been very much looking forward to the restart of routine come end of September. Yesterday was meant to be my son's first day back at school and I was hoping to get on top of the housework and errands between yesterday and tomorrow, the two days I am not at my office job. However my son is ill and though I luckily managed the trips around the shops over the weekend, I did not really get any time to start properly on getting our home in tip top shape. Instead I ended up picking my son from school only two hours into his first day and then spending the rest of the day at the doctor's and then overseeing a sick child. At least he was in a co-operative mood and I managed to cross one item off my 'to-do' list - clean and clear up his room as well I can given the huge amount of things he owns as well as all the bits and pieces that make up his creations (he's a very imaginative and creative boy who enjoys coming up with crafting ideas which he then wants to keep... ALL of them!)

Continued on Wednesday 30th: So here we are, third day into my son's tummy infection and I have to say he's been a very good boy so I'm not as off my plans as I'd intended though obviously giving him time and attention means I did still fall a bit behind, not just on the chores but even with work I had planned - both the writing and in my small crafty 'business', if I could still call it that after officially closing shop. The thing is, I could never really stop creating. So whilst I am no longer bothered with providing my designer unique creations to shops I still do quite a few of them over a year to give as gifts so I still do try to schedule time to get them done. But now I'm sidetracking. Point is, despite that these extra few days of 'holidays' that my son got which has moved routine further back, I realised that however panicky I am about falling behind at things, and however many things are on my list of big changes yet to come in life in the coming couple of years (which I can't discuss as yet), as long as I have my family with me and healthy, including a darling little boy who hugs me at will and insists he loves me more than I love him, then all's well in my life, however hard it may sometimes appear to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment