Saturday, 18 April 2015

It's My Birthday And I'll...

Today I turned thirty one and I think it's time I stopped revealing my age as of next birthday. If I were to talk about my day there would not be anything much interesting to say. But if I were to split it up into tiny bits of info than I could make it worth your while. My initial thought was to name this piece something like 'The offending shoes and other short stories' because it is a series of short stories in my mind.

Let's start from the beginning, which would be around 1:30am this morning:

Late late late going to bed as usual. Thing is, I started watching the final episode of Downton Abbey season five in the early afternoon of yesterday and not having finished it for having to pick up my son from school, I sat down in the evening to continue the last remaining half hour of what was a longer than normal episode. Now if I'd seen all of it in the afternoon, I'd probably have spent the evening watching a feature film. As it was, I finished the episode and couldn't resist watching the Season Finale right afterwards.

In order not to feel guilty about the lots of film watching, I diligently folded up all the laundry I'd got off the line and as soon as I was finished watching the Finale I went to work putting all the clothes in their rightful place. At which point I found a giant roach in my son's room. Now for those that know me, I am terrified of the little things, I usually run for my life when I see one. But as my husband was out and there was no one to turn to for help, I plucked up the courage to fetch the spray can and kill the roach by emptying half the can on it. There was no way I was chancing it, I kept spraying it till it couldn't move any more.

Morning:

I lazed about a little today, not even touching the article I am currently working on (shame on me) and doing practically nothing for an hour or two. Then I took my son to the playground (and he insisted on the one further from our house but good thing I was meant to meet one of my closest friends there a little later anyway). Which gets me to the fright of the day: All I did was put my things on the bench closest to where the little boy was playing and writing one message on my mobile phone. I looked up and he was gone! I frantically searched around till I found he'd gone to one of the other play areas. He got a telling off for not telling me he was going off and it was then uneventful until my friend showed up (unless you count the static that made his hair go all spiky when he came down the slide, which was really cool).

By Mid-day:

I was sat with my son and my friend at a caffe/restaurant having a good time chatting (till my son started throwing things all over the place and crawling under our table and going around sliding on the ground of the outdoor part of the place).

Afternoon:

Was almost as lazy as the morning (boy I should have shaken myself) but I did get quite a bit of online chatting done, mostly discussing the meaning of true loyal fan with two women off an Eddie Redmayne fan page (no, he is not my preferred actor as any follower of this blog knows but we were discussing 'fanhood' - does that qualify as a word?) in general. I also cooked for my son and took care of whatever he needed in general.

Late Afternoon: Late for the bus, as always :-S I got to the Capital City late to meet my mum, then we went together with my little boy to McDonald's. Met someone on the way there, quite unexpectedly but in a good way. Sorry I was tongue-tied if maybe you're reading this, hehe!

And that would be all I have to relate, were it not for one very feminine problem that managed to make my last little while outside a misery... SHOES!!! I bought this pair I really loved and had worn them at least three other times so why on earth did they hurt me so?! The back of them rubbed my skin raw and then I started walking funny with them on so that even my toes started to hurt! Here's a pic of the offending shoes:



Which brings me to getting back home limping very badly and complaining all the time. And then it was my child's bedtime (or rather much later than bedtime today!) and finally here I am, recounting it all.

This was a spur of the moment entry and I know I am still to mention my Cheshire holiday as well as providing some pics so stay tuned, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment