Monday, 24 March 2014

The Best From The Movie World

Has anyone else noticed that films nowadays are not as interesting as those of yesteryear? Or is it just that I'm growing older and more cynical? I must admit I do not really watch recent films very often, but that is probably cause I tend to choose what films to watch depending on a) actor b) reviews c) my likes and dislikes d) trailer of film (this ties in very much with c) and few of the currently fashionable genres interest me at all.

On the other hand, I can mention a whole list of absolutely fantastic films that I have watched and rewatched over and over from the 1990 - 2010 era. Here are my favourites below, in no particular order:

- 2003 Love Actually (this one has been at times criticized big-time, but everyone I know who's seen the film is smitten by it)

- 2004 The Day After Tomorrow (a very good 'what-if' film)

- 2002 Catch Me If You Can (about what should be a villain but actually makes you side with him, thanks to the stellar performance by Leonardo diCaprio)

- 1999 Notting Hill (as Spike in the film would say, "An absolute classic")

- 1994 Four Weddings and a Funeral (did you think I would leave this one out?!)

- 1999 Mickey Blue Eyes (quite a good production for what was a 'new' production company at the time (Simian Films) and Hugh Grant in a starring role quite helps the rating ;-) )

- 2001 Bridget Jones' Diary (swoon... Daniel Cleaver just has to be the most gorgeous and smooth cad in history and in Bridget's shoes I would have chosen him over Mr Darcy any time)

Granted most of the films mentioned above are treats for Granters, I chose my list based on just how much I enjoyed the films regardless of this 1.8metre tall blue-eyed factor, and did include some non-Hugh films too in the process.

Does anyone here like the same films I do? Or hate them, for that matter? Please feel free to comment.

New Prime Minister (played by Hugh Grant) moves to 10 Downing Street in 'Love Actually'

No comments:

Post a Comment