Thursday, 13 March 2014

And here I am once again starting a blog. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with these things. So why give it yet another go, you may be asking yourself right now. Well, thing is, I cannot live without writing in my life. And, more than that, I can't live without the English language in my life. So seeing as now that I am in the working world rather than college (been ten years now!) I find my only place to speak English is home and being (hopefully temporarily) out of touch with writing for publications/articles online for third party sites, I found I could not live without voicing myself somewhere.

Which led to my very usual problem with finding a name for my new venture. Being the rash person that I am, I could not allow myself the time to go through the task of finding a name before actually pressing on the 'new blog' button. So it is by sheer luck that I came up with a name I love. Back in college (more usually referred to as Sixth Form here in Malta), I remember my teacher of English poetry taking us out of class and into the school grounds, then asking us to reflect upon and come up with a poem about the fact that we were about to finish off that school chapter in our life. As I scribbled my notes I realized I associated the different chapters and situations in my life with different colours and those few points turned into 'The Colours of Life' and what must be my best ever poem to this day. So it came as no surprise that the first words to come to my mind as I stared at the Blogger screen were Hues and also Variations, this last most definitely the word that best describes my character. And so ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my blog. Sit yourself down, have a cup of tea and read my two-cents' worth (wish I could say pennies but I live in a Euro zone).

No comments:

Post a Comment